Tuesday 17 May 2011

My first purchase on our exciting overseas trip

Well Rob and I got off the plane in Seattle and we're picked up by new friends Tom and LeDonna who had kindly invited us to stay with them for the few days we were in Seattle.

Now a short digression ... I had ordered new prescription sunglasses and picked them up less than 24 hrs before we left as I realised how little I could read of small road signs with the old ones and I'm the navigator as we drive around Canada and the US over the next couple of months.

Well 5 minutes down the road from the airport I discover that I've left me new prescription sunglasses on the plane and I haven't seen or heard of them since, not much help from Alaskan airlines on that one.

Naturally then the first thing I did after lunch was go shopping and purchase this .....



... come on now, admit it, how many of you could go 8 weeks without a sewing machine?
The old sunglasses should make for some nice scenic variations in the navigating anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Good job! Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Got your long email but can't reply. Can we have another email addy. That one will not reply to sender. Very odd. Have tried a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would be good if you could add your email addy to your blog. Then you get email notification of comments left and makes the whole deal more efficient really. Just go to your settings or dashboard or my account. You're a smart cookie, I'm sure you'll find how to link your email with your blog. Chat soon xxx Hope you're better soon. ooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thinking... you may need to set up a Google account. It's universal - just .com It may be the .au that is causing the problems. Dunno just a theory. Worth a try anyway, doesn't cost anything.

    ReplyDelete