Wednesday 18 May 2022

Fibromylgia, CPAP machines and Polymer clay.

 Guess I won't be posting everyday, those of you with fibromyalgia will understand the days when you get next to nothing done, you feel lucky just to survive them.

First off, just saw a clip of channel 9 news starring one of my lovely nieces, Michelle Kelly. I think she's the star because she literally saved my life by hooking me up with a CPAP, I didn't know why I was only getting an average of 4 -5 hours of sleep a night but when I had a bad fall in the kitchen in the middle of the night (one minute I'm getting a midnight snack and the neck minute I wake up as I'm hitting the floor, knees first and dislocating my elbow on the cabinets). It made me stop and consider how many times during the night I'd found myself somewhere in the house I hadn't meant to go, or waking up leaning my head against the wall of the hallway with no memory of stopping there, scary stuff and amazing how much you can ignore about you health, especially when you're living in a mental fog. 

 We knew something had to change so I had a sleep apnea test and yep, needed a machine, I was really petrified at the idea as I'm a bit claustrophobic, but caught up with CPAP expert Michelle and she fitted me with a mask, soothed my fears and now I use my machine and get a great nights sleep and have some level of intelligence through the day. Yahoo!

On to Polymer clay. I did get a few little bits made over the last few days but last night I worked on 'assembling' (for want of a better word) some jewellery while watching some recorded "Voice" episodes. I got 3 finished, well actually 2 as I'm not happy with the third, in the picture it's the lowest one on the stand and I don't like the chain, will have to find a navy blue cord of some sort. I selected and attache the cord on 3 more but still have to glue the cord into their rings, clasps etc.

Today I hope to put a matte finish on some more jewellery and I'm waiting for my hubby (Rob) to put some holes in a bunch of pieces that are waiting (about 30 or so, they've been waiting for a while for me to get them ready). So over the next little while I'll be updating now and then on the progress of these pieces and I hope to finish the first 'vessel' I made last week and make 2 more.

Counting down to the opening of the 'Creative Clay' exhibition at Gallery Central Nhill you can check out a few of the galleries goodies at Gallery Central | Facebook.

Happy Crafting....




No comments:

Post a Comment