Monday 16 May 2022

      Well here we are, several years later and I don't even know if blogs are 'in' any more, I don't know what I'm doing, can't even work out how to change the background colour of this post!

     But I enjoyed it in the past so I'll have again go now, rambling to strangers.

I'm watching the movie Julie and Julia as I type, love the comedy, the romance and the life lessons, mainly not to be so self absorbed that you forget about your friends and loved ones. Just the thing when you're starting a blog.

So... about me then....

     Covid gave many of us the time and inclination to start crafting, I've always loved crafting and really enjoyed playing with polymer clay in the last couple years (except when I'm totally frustrated by it!)

     Here in Nhill, Victoria we have a community gallery called "Gallery Central" and we're having a "Creative Clay" theme for the month of June. I decided to try my hand at making something other than the jewellery I've been doing and so here is a picture of my first objet d'art.


     I still have to put a base on it and probably put a varnish on it perhaps some effect on the inside, not sure yet.

     I've made a bunch of jewellery too, it's all waiting now for me to add holes, varnish where required and then add the 'findings', what an odd word for what I would call fixings, you know the wires, jump rings, earring bits and bobs etc.... perhaps it's called findings because you have to find so many bits and pieces to complete each jewellery piece!

     Well, back to work.

    Happy crafting ....

No comments:

Post a Comment