Saturday 16 February 2013

Retro Rita's Reticule

Another competition in France at Quilt en Sud. A textile comp to make a reticule in any way you'd like.
Well I made a 2 part pattern and made up a test one in a cute floral that I've had for a while and not used, once made I decided I really liked the feminine, retro look and decided to prissy it up some more with fun beading and a tassel.
Here's the pics...
Here it is open and then there's a pic of it hanging up. It's about 6" high sitting.
 


Hopefully I'll hear back that the quilt and reticule are to be posted to France for a quilt show later in the year.

ALSO
Roxanne and I joined the local quilter's group Woodpatch Quilter's last Wednesday and had great fun day, we hope to go every week.
We also went to the South Australia Quilter's Guild February meeting and met many nice ladies who love fabric, sewing, quilting and art, so lots in commmon.

I'm really enjoying getting our in the community again after being unwell for so long, some days are good days and some days not so much but when I can I'll be getting out to these fun and friendly places.







No comments:

Post a Comment